It’s the first Friday in June and it’s June 1. I think it’s a sign that June is going to be a GREAT month! (This particular pairing of a first Friday on the very first day of the month won’t happen again until February 2019.)
This month’s giveaway includes an adorable plush great white shark named Gilbert and his very own picture book titled “Gilbert the Great.” The book explores a close friendship that suddenly changes when one friend moves far away with his family. This month’s prize also includes a new pack of colorful fine-tip markers, which are guaranteed to make paper grading more fun in the fall!
To enter for a chance to win this “shark-tacular” prize, leave your answer to the question below in the comment section. Be sure to do this before midnight, June 10.
What is your favorite ocean animal?
Check out these six shark facts!
• Sharks have eyelids. (I can’t say I’ll be checking this out anytime soon!)
• Sharks can only swim forward. (Interesting!)
• Sharks’ eyes are located on the sides of their head so they can have a better view of their surroundings. (Insert the theme music from the movie Jaws….)
• Sharks have the thickest skin of any animal species. Some sharks have skin up to six inches thick! (No wonder they don’t get wrinkles!)
• Sharks do not have vocal chords. They make no sound. (It’s new classroom management strategy: Be silent like a shark!)
• There are almost 50 different shark species that glow in the dark. These sharks use light-emitting organs called photospheres. (Who knew?)
Dolphins for me!
PS: Get your students outdoors for some fresh-air fun. Click here for super-cute activities.