Believe it (or not)—there are those who think a person can be taught to be a morning person. I suppose if we can teach children, we can teach ourselves to hop out of bed in the wee hours of the morning! Here are five suggestions I gleaned from online articles. Think these will do the trick?
- Wake to music. Craft a stellar morning playlist that gets you up and movin’!
- Talk out loud. Whether you talk to a family member, a pet, or yourself, start talking.
- Make your bed. How many times were you told to do this as a youngster? The truth is, you’re less likely to wiggle back into a made bed than one that’s unmade.
- Stretch! Get your blood flowing right away. Stretch, dance, try a toe-touch or two—in bed or outta bed—whichever your prefer!
- Treat yourself. Have a yummy muffin or a special cup of joe waiting for you in the kitchen.
You can also try tough love. For example, choose an annoying, loud alarm tone and position your phone or alarm out of reach. Personally, this one is last on my list!
Will you be readjusting your sleep patterns with the return of a new school year?