Martin Luther King Jr. Day is just a few days away. So just for fun, I’ve prepared a little quiz in honor of Dr. King. Which statement below is false?
- He was born Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Martin had a younger brother and an older sister.
- At the age of ten, Martin sang with his church choir at the premiere of Gone With The Wind in Atlanta.
- Martin skipped the ninth and 12th grades in high school and entered college at age 15.
- Martin earned a C in a college-level public-speaking course.
- He helped organized the famous March on Washington.
- Dr. King led peaceful protests to fight for the rights of all people.
- Martin gave more than 2,500 speeches in his short lifetime.
- In 1964, Dr. King won the Nobel Peace Prize. At that time he was the youngest man to ever receive the prize.
- Martin Luther King Jr. was an avid fan of Star Trek.
Follow these links to find ideas celebrating Dr. King and his peaceful ways: TheMailbox, TheMailbox/Pinterest
PS: Scroll down to discover the false statement.
Martin Luther King, Jr. was named Michael King at birth.