The school floors have been waxed, and you finally get the okay to go into your classroom and begin setting things up. I suspect these are a few things you might be thinking (because these are the things I thought at the beginning of each school year)!
- This year is going to be awesome!
- Didn’t I just do this? (Seriously, it seems like school just ended.)
- The class lists aren’t complete? Come on—I need to label stuff!
- My classroom smells so clean! Well, that won’t last.
- I’m going to need some more caffeine.
The beginning of the school year is such an exciting time and a crazy time! And since it’s so busy, it would help to combine displays in your classroom with activities students can complete during the first week. Check these out:
Each child creates a piece for this puzzle display!
Students write about their hopes for the year with this money-themed board!
Enjoy! And make sure you’re getting enough caffeine. 🙂