So why are hacks called hacks? Honestly, I’m not sure. I’m guessing because hacks save you time…chop, chop! In any event, I find hacks deliriously entertaining. Here are ten hacks I gathered from Pinterest that I think you’ll enjoy. Full disclosure—I’ve only tried one of these. I’m hoping you’ll let me know which hack(s) you find most entertaining, hope to try, or have tried!
- Got a headache? Cut a lime in half and rub it on your forehead. The throbbing should go away. (If this doesn’t work, I’m thinking a margarita will!)
- If you want to know if you have smelly breath, lick your wrist and smell it. This is what your breath smells like to others. (Tried this. Smelled nothing. Now what do I do, ask a colleague if my breath is smelly? Not going to happen.)
- Feeling blue? Improve your mood by eating oatmeal, salmon, bananas, or dark chocolate. (Any kind of chocolate improves my mood!)
- Add two eggs and a half cup of oil to turn any cake mix into cookie dough. (Gotta try this!)
- Drinking a cold glass of water in the morning will wake you up faster than drinking a cup of coffee. (Coffee drinkers…thoughts?)
- Chew peppermint or cinnamon gum when you drive. This is proven to decrease frustration by 25%. (I wonder if peppermint or cinnamon candies could work in the classroom?)
- Instantly wake up any body part that falls asleep by shaking your head back and forth. (Hahaha! This one made me laugh. You must let me know if you try this!)
- Sticking your fingers in your ears for a few seconds can instantly get rid of the hiccups. (This is a new one on me. I will definitely give this a try!)
- If clothing shrinks, put it in ice water laced with hair conditioner. The clothing will return to its normal size. (Not sure this will work on my clothing that “shrinks!” Ha ha!)
- Impress your friends and family with this one: Instead of cutting a watermelon with a knife, use a quarter to make a small incision in the melon and then karate chop the melon in half. (Sounds painful, yet impressive!)
So whatcha think? Will you be trying any of these?
4 thoughts on “10 Life Hacks for You!”
I’m willing to try the Lime Margarita for a Headache LOL!
My right leg fell asleep. I shook my head back & forth. My leg is still asleep . . .
Thanks for testing this one, Ruth. I guess we’d better cross it off the list! :+)