There’s something magical about the number 100—especially when we’re talking about the 100th day of school. To celebrate, we’ve gathered prizes worth over $100, and one lucky teacher will win them! Here’s what’s in our wonderful winter-themed prize pack:
- Blue Penguin by Petr Horacek (Candlewick Press)
- A Dot in the Snow by Corrinne Averiss (Sterling)
- Wonderful Winter: All Kinds of Winter Facts and Fun by Bruce Goldstone (Henry Holt)
- A Poem for Peter by Andrea Davis Pinkney (Viking)
- Poles Apart by Jeanne Willis (Nosy Crow)
- Every Color by Erin Eitter Kono (Penguin)
- Penguin Day by Nic Bishop (Scholastic)
Post a comment to this blog no later than 11:59 pm EST on February 7, 2017, and tell me how you’ll be celebrating the 100th day of school. One lucky teacher will be randomly selected to win our prize! (Update: congratulations to Lisa, who is the winner of our prize.)
Until then, here are some other interesting opportunities to check out.
This week is National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week. You and your students are invited to a live web chat to learn about drug and alcohol myths and facts from scientists and other experts. It all happens on Thursday, January 26, from 8 am to 6 pm ET. Join the chat at nidachat.org.
If you had $1,000 to spend on classroom technology, what would you buy? Apply for the Direct Packages grant, and you might get to go shopping! Visit directpackages.com/teachers-grant/. Entries are due February 24.
Hoping your 100th day is the best ever,