Some people call Valentine’s Day a Hallmark holiday, one that should be completely disregarded or even scoffed at. But I say revel in any holiday that provides us with a variety of tasty chocolates! On that festive note, here are some wacky Valentine’s Day facts you can share with your coworkers on this lovely chocolate-eating day!
- Some statistics say that 3% of individuals give their pets Valentine’s Day presents. (If you look at my FB newsfeed, it’s way higher than 3%.)
- All together, there are around 12 Saint Valentines and even a pope by that name. There are two of them who might have inspired the holiday.
- Saint Valentine’s skull (well…one of the skulls) is said to be on display in Rome. Other bits and pieces are on display throughout various countries in Europe.
- YouTube was activated on Valentine’s Day in 2005.
- When are we most likely to purchase Valentine’s Day cards? During the five days directly before the holiday. We’re basically a country full of procrastinators.
- Saint Valentine is the patron saint of beekeepers, epileptics, fainting, and the plague. He’s a serious multitasker.