Tomorrow is the day! It’s my favorite holiday and an all around favorite for youngsters everywhere. Happy Halloween! During your Halloween or fall celebration, share some of these interesting facts with your students during their math time. (The fourth fact is sure to provoke discussion!)
- The longest haunted house is in Lewisburg, OH. It’s in an abandoned mine and is 3,564 feet long!
- Candy corn has been around since 1898, when it was created by the Herman Goelitz Confectionary Company.
- 90 million pounds of chocolate are sold during Halloween week.
- Some cities, such as Apex, NC, have banned trick-or-treating for children over 12.
- If you store chocolate in a dry spot, it can last for 2 years.
- The #1 children’s costume this year? Action and super heroes.
- 10% of people who celebrate Halloween will also dress up their pet. (The #1 costume for pets? A pumpkin.)
Have a terrific Halloween!