Are you a bookworm? I categorize myself as a casual bookworm. I’m not going to pass up an opportunity for an exciting (or a tasty) adventure to stay home and read a book. However, when I am engrossed in a book, I do find it difficult to stop reading. Heck, one time I was so into a mystery novel that I didn’t notice until too late that everyone had left the sitting area of my departure gate. Yeppers, that plane departed without me!
If you’ve said more than one of these phrases, you just might be a bookworm!
- I’ll stop reading just as soon as I get to the end of this chapter. (Yeah, right.)
- Unfortunately I can’t come to your party. I’m busy. (As in busy reading.)
- Oh, were you talking to me? (Nose placed firmly in a book.)
- You can never have too many books.
- Books help me make sense of life.
- I can’t believe the next book in this series hasn’t been written!
- I couldn’t sleep until I finished my book.
- I’m feeling a bit down. I need to read.
Well, I guess I am a bookworm. What about you?
1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8,
PS: World Read Aloud Day is this Thursday, February 16. Get a free World Read Aloud Day Packet here!